When someone’s heart stops beating, an automated external defibrillator (AED) could be the difference between life and death.
Watch this short video to learn how to use one!
How to use an AED:
- Make sure someone is performing chest compressions and 911 has been called
- Turn ON the AED
- Follow the voice prompts from the AED
- Apply AED pads to the person’s bare chest
- Connect the pad’s connector to the AED unit
- When the AED is ready to “analyze” make sure no one is touching the person
- If a shock is advised, make sure no one is touching the person and press the “SHOCK” button
- Restart compressions right away, switching compression providers when they become tired